Translate

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 39 - Root-beer Floats!

Probably the least most Ukrainian treat you could ever have. But Root-beer floats are the BEST. We went to the Page's (a family from our ward) house last night. I think Brother Page works for the embassy, which makes sense because he gets all this stuff from them (Peanut butter, baking powder, and Root-beer!) and they're apartment is reeally nice. I felt like I could really be back home in America while I was there. Maybe it was the pictures up on the wall, how they were set up, or maybe the fact that everyone there spoke perfect English (American English), or maybe the fact that they had Mini-wheats and other tasty cereals lined up in their kitchen. I'm not sure, but anyways, it was fun to talk and laugh and have a bit of an out-of-Ukraine experience for a while there. I wish I could have taken some pictures while I was there, but I seem to have misplaced my camera somewhere. I'll have to go on a die-hard search today for it, and then I can finally post those tour-pictures and then update you with my own pictures on all that's going on here in Ukraine!

No comments:

Post a Comment