Translate

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 16 - Cheesecake with Lena

Sorry it's taken me so long! I'm actually gonna just synopsis the last few days, because I've only got so much time to write. In a couple hours, I'm headed to institute for my church, then going to a chocolate cafe with some buddies. But more about that later :)


Last Friday I made "cheesecake" with Lena (The same type of "cheesecake" that I had on my first morning here!). Here's the recipe for it, the measurements all seem relative, but that's probably because they are! A table spoon here isn't an exact measurement, it's one scoop with one of those bigger spoons. A teaspoon is the actual teaspoon too, so these are all round-about measurements. Hopefully it makes enough sense though :) Enjoy!
---------------------------
Picture by my host-mom, Lena :)
2 Table Spoons (stalova loshka) of Sugar
1/3 Teaspoons (Chinaya loshka) of Salt
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Sugar
3 Eggs
1/2 Kg of Cream Cheese (about a smallish plateful)

First, turn the oven up high-ish (300 - 400 degrees Celsius) to get it warmed up. Mix Sugar, Salt, Vanilla in a small bowl then in a blender add that with three eggs and blend well. Blend in cream cheese until it all looks somewhat like melted ice-cream :) Pour that into a small bread-pan (we used one of those rubbery ones, but I think a metal one with some PAM or something would work too. Turn the oven down to 200 degrees (Celcius), then put the bread pan of the mixture in the middle rack. In 30 to 40 minutes, the cheesecake should be done. Check every once in a while by poking it with a toothpick, when there is no batter on the stick after you poke it, the cheesecake will be read to take out. 

 -----------------------------------
Saturday morning we had the "cheesecake" for breakfast. It has a pretty egg-y taste, but I really liked it. Actually my favorite way to eat it is warmed up in the microwave with some home-made plain yogurt on it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment