Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 38 - Temple Trip!

I stole this picture from yet another website,
 which actually has some cool info; here's the link!
Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the Kyiv Temple. It was such an amazing experience! I get to see the temple every time I go to church on Sunday's but it was a whole different experience actually getting to go inside. We went with our ward, which consisted majorly of ILP's, so there were a LOT of us (I think 24 girls and 3 or 4 guys total). It was neat to see little bits and pieces of Ukraine scattered throughout the architecture and structure of the temple. But ultimately what I enjoyed the most was that overwhelming peace and quite that I could find there. It was great to have the time to meditate, and I definitely walked out of that temple being more at peace and in love with life than when I walked in :) I'm so glad I didn't pass up that opportunity! And afterwards, we all walked over to the church for some treats, and THEN we helped clean up the church (which didn't take long at all). After all that, most everyone left for home and whatnot, but I decided to stay back and go find a piano to play for a while. I realized I know so few real songs on the piano by heart, but it was nice to even just play the children's songs (I was in the primary room) or just chords and doodles on the piano. After that, I finally made my way home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment