Translate

Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 64 - Eight Day Vacation!

Tomorrow we're heading out for the eight day vacation! We're going to Budapest, Vienna, Prague and possibly Dresden (it would cost me an extra 50 or so dollars, and I'm not sure if it's worth it yet). I really don't feel completely prepared for it, but at least in this trip, I have some idea of what's going on and what I should prepare for. We'll be spending a day in Budapest, a day in Vienna, and two to three and a half days in Prague (the other day would be had in Dresden) :) We'll have tours in each of the places, but there's also going to be free time, so I've looked up some things I'd like to do in each of the places, if you've got other recommendations, let me know!

Budapest: A tour of the Palgovy Caves, shopping at Nagycsarnok, shopping at the Chinese Market (with super cheap stuff to buy), seeing the House of Terror (that has a pretty crazy history), or going to the Basillica of St. Stephen.

Vienna: Definitely going to the "Cafe Central" (which has some awesome history to it), and maybe the oldest zoo in the world, Leopold Museum, other sights, or Schloss Schonbrunn Gardens.

Prague: Definitely walking across Charles Bridge and shopping on Golden Lane, and possibly the Mucha Museum, sights around the city (including the Astronomical clock!), or this antique musical instruments shop. 

That's all I've got so far for ideas, I'll be in Prague for three full days, so I'm trying to focus my energies towards finding fun stuff to do there. Anyways, I'll have to let you know how it all goes later! Still debating on whether or not I should take my laptop on the trip, but worste case, I'll at least post some of the pictures afterwards of the trip :) (I STILL need to post pics from the four day trip! :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment